Disclaimer

If I know you, and you're reading this blog, you have two choices:

1) Feel free to pretend you haven't, should the contents be offensive, sensitive in nature, or just TMI (Too Much Information).
OR
2) Comment freely or talk to me face to face, and be prepared for further honesty and opinions.

Okay? Okay.

Nov 25, 2007

Just The Beginning









Tis the season!























This is our third Christmas in this house. When we bought the house we were told that it was on a cul de sac that decorated for Christmas. In fact, our street is published in the paper as one of the places to see the lights. We get limos, buses, and a constant stream of vehicles driving slowly down the street, sometimes with headlights off 'to get the full effect'.

Our first Christmas here we had only been in the house seven weeks, and while we had decorated the outside of our old house, we did not have nearly enough. My family contributed a few things and we bought a few in the after Christmas sales over the last couple of years. We are well on our way to being seen from space or eternal tackydom, maybe both.

I refuse to get on the roof, so that remains bare, but the eaves are next, and the front porch, and the walk way, and the lighted wreathes that we hang on the inside windows of the house... This is the earliest start I've gotten- Leo was adamant that we start, now. And he did help, he kept trying to rearrange everything, he couldn't quite get the concept that they all had to be plugged in and that putting things in the middle of the lawn would mean lots of extension cords. He did try and assemble the newest addition, of a a 6ft tall lighted candy cane tree- my mother bought it for us when she was here in October- and then I spent forever swearing at it because it wouldn't quite fit together- so it's a little lopsided, who's going to notice?? Looks more natural that way, no? ;)

8 comments:

Denise said...

Looks great!!

LeLo said...

Oh wow. It looks like you've got a great start. I've always wondered about the houses that go all out hardcore: where do they store all of that stuff the rest of the year? Basements? Garages? Attics? Storage rentals?

Cole Twins said...

DO YOU GUYS EVEN HAVE A "WHITE" CHRISTMAS? I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE. COMING FROM WISCONSIN, WE NORMALLY HAVE A; WHITE THANKSGIVING, CHIRSTMAS, NEW YEARS, VALENTINE'S, ST. PATRICK, AND IF WE ARE LUCKY, A WHITE EASTER!!! LOL (oh, sorry for the caps!)

It looks great!

K J and the kids said...

LOVE that you live on "that" street. More so...that you participate. We have a couple of streets like that one here.
Best of luck with the rest of those lights.
Oh...and get on the house girl..I couldn't QUITE see your house from space.

Tricia said...

Nailgirl-
Thanks, we try!

Lelo-
Most of the houses on the street have those pull down stairs in the garage to access the attic space. Our house is ginormous and that space is our family room... We store things in the garage. Because we both drive gigantic cars, the likelihood of ever really getting a car in is slim...

Twins-
Yeah, generally no snow...bummer.

KJ-
I did notice tonight that a new neighbor has a lighted Menorah in the window, we shall see if that's it. My big guy is after me to finish and although I have given the 911 talk to all my kids- "if I fall of the ladder and I don't wake up..." I like Käri to be home, just in case.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I love your decorations.

We do some simple lights on the house, but with wh in nursing school, we were hoping to sneak out of the lights thing.

Sweet son would have NONE of that. The day after Thanksgiving he was buggying wh to get up on the roof with the lights. A direct quote:
"How can we have Christmas without lights on the house?"

Indeed.

They're up now.

~*~Hallie~*~ said...

Good for you for getting in the holiday mood.:) I love the polar bears!

~ej said...

i was sure i commented on this....oops....love the polar bear. i love lighted homes....