Disclaimer

If I know you, and you're reading this blog, you have two choices:

1) Feel free to pretend you haven't, should the contents be offensive, sensitive in nature, or just TMI (Too Much Information).
OR
2) Comment freely or talk to me face to face, and be prepared for further honesty and opinions.

Okay? Okay.

Nov 9, 2007

Release

I can't shake these two thoughts, dreams. They've been running for a while over and over - the other night I couldn't fall asleep switching back and forth between the two. Silly, really. One has nothing to do with the other.

The first is being able to go on the R Family cruise to Mexico this spring. Kelli O'Donnell (Rosie O'Donnell's partner)runs R family Vacations with Gregg Kaminsky. I can't honestly say that a cruise has been a desire for me, but the idea of being on a boat full of other gay and lesbian families or at least friendly folk, is so appealing. We live in a relatively small town and our kids don't see other families that look like theirs... Our spring break just happens to coincide with this cruise, it leaves from the West Coast instead of the East-which means we could drive instead of fly to the boat- I've always wanted to go to Mexico, and K and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary in 2008. For the whole family, yes all ten of us, it would be about $10,000.00, but that includes everything!! Really not to bad of a deal. Of course there would be passports to get and I'm sure other incidentals... Oh, I keep dreaming- it just won't go away.

The second is buying a deli. There is a sandwich shop opening near the high school. And I want to buy it and run it. I'm not even sure it's for sale...but I have reason to believe it will be. Six months ago another deli by the same name was for sale, I inquired. The owners explained that they have 15 or so of these deli's in Northern California. They open them, staff them, and then sell them. They train you as the new owners and provide some transition time. Sounds good to me. Of course the only business I've ever owned and run was a childcare, and then there's the babies, and all the other kids and schedules, school, etc... And money, it takes money to own a business.

Feasible? Realistic? yeah, not so much. Perhaps this post will release these particular dreams...

5 comments:

Sheesha said...

Maybe I'm still in the Disneyland mode - Am I'm a huge Tinkerbell fan. But after reading this I thought of this song....

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

If your heart is in your dreams
No request is to extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do

Fate is kind
She brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wished upon a star
Your dreams come true

If your heart is in your dreams
No request is to extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do

When you wish upon a star
Your dream comes true....

Corny? Yes? But you have to believe in something.... Like I believe I should have another cocktail....Follow your dreams was what I really meant to say!....

Jessica @ Little Nesting Doll said...

Neither of those sound too outlandish to me! Cruises are great because everything is included! And I also happen to think owning your own business can provide you with more freedom=--if you're the boss, who says you can't have your kids at work? :) Whatever you decide, good luck!

Tricia said...

While I'd love to make both these dreams a reality, and I'll probably hold onto the idea of them for a while, unless someone hands us a bundle of cash, they ain't gonna happen. On the flip side. I will always come up with new dreams. I always do.

Boo said...

We went on the last R family cruise. We won it - otherwise there is no way we could do it. The kids had a BLAST! The moms? not so much. I have other thoughts about it . . but since we won it - I will not share them too publically. email me sometime and I'll share.

~ej said...

it's never bad to dream big...both ideas sound good to me!! :-)