Disclaimer

If I know you, and you're reading this blog, you have two choices:

1) Feel free to pretend you haven't, should the contents be offensive, sensitive in nature, or just TMI (Too Much Information).
OR
2) Comment freely or talk to me face to face, and be prepared for further honesty and opinions.

Okay? Okay.

Mar 31, 2008

Alone Time

I am surrounded by people everywhere I go. My house is full even when everyone is asleep. Lots of noise, movement, activity.

I get out to run errands by myself- the grocery store, clothes shopping, Costco, and that's nice. Really, it is. I go out to dinner with or with out Käri- just the grownups- and I thoroughly enjoy that. Lingering over meals, grown up conversation.

Occasionally, like tonight, I go to a doctors appointment by myself. (Yet, another sinus infection) Other than being in the car by myself there are always people. The receptionist, doctor, nurse, other patients...

Yesterday, I took the dogs for a walk.

All.
By.
Myself.

In the sun. I walked, they went running through the field.

Priceless.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i know how it feels, when i am alone i miss the kids so much, but when i am with them, the noise drive me crazy at times, hope you get better soon :)

Jody said...

fAlone time is a must. Homeschooling is teaching me that.

Sounds like a lovely walk.

Bacchus said...

I definitely enjoy my away time but usually can't wait to get home too.

My sinuses have been acting up just recently. Do you use a sinurinse? I've found it helps a lot, no antibiotics in 3 years. My Dr. actually recommended it.

Get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, I feel that I appreciate my freedom/free time more now that it is scarce. I really took all the time I had before kids for granted.