Disclaimer

If I know you, and you're reading this blog, you have two choices:

1) Feel free to pretend you haven't, should the contents be offensive, sensitive in nature, or just TMI (Too Much Information).
OR
2) Comment freely or talk to me face to face, and be prepared for further honesty and opinions.

Okay? Okay.

Jun 5, 2008

The Two Vowels

I or A?


At 10:00 a.m. I opened the front door for the man who had arrived to provide me with a bid for a drywall patch job, for my ceiling in the kitchen, where the toilet upstairs had leaked oh, uh, maybe two years ago. Yeah, anyway, he arrived as I had just finished changing a poopy diaper and was on hold with poison control (1-800-222-1222) to see if, perchance, my two year old was going to die soon from a bit of a drug overdose from the bottle of meds I had inadvertently, not only left on the kitchen counter, but also had left the child safety cap askew...

I greeted the gentleman, poopy diaper in one hand, phone perched between my shoulder and ear, and informed him of what he was walking in to. He chuckled, always a good sign, and entered to complete his bid while I washed up. As I washed, I reflected on the last several minutes and my apparent inability to just keep my mouth shut and wondered how the rest of the day may shape up...

By 3:00 p.m., I had to choose between my two vowels, I and E; AKA ice cream or alcohol... I chose I, ice cream, thinking that maybe having a Gin and Tonic at 3:00p.m. might just put a damper on the kindergarten graduation ceremony that evening. Or maybe it would have made it go smoother...



P.S. No overdose for Ruby, thank god. edited 5/6 I suppose I should add that at the most, I thought she may have taken one- she didn't take any.

7 comments:

Sheesha said...

This reminds me that I need that shot of tequila! And I need it now. We are having a power struggle in our house.... The boys spent the afternoon golfing and me - I got to encourage my daughter to clean her room for the last 5 @#$%ing hours. When I kind of mentioned to my dear spouse that it must be nice to get away - he responsed that he'd be at work if he wasn't golfing. So apparently the chance of him taking time off of work to give me time to myself - is just plain out of the question......

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Whew... Glad she's ok.

And hope the kindergarten grad went well!

Team Serrins Springfield said...

Man do I hear you. Tuesday evening I was pacing the house with the baby, playing with my son (a friend came over to play with him too), and cleaning the kitchen while the contractor sealed up the attic to catch the rats. Then the next-door neighbor rang the bell to see if I wanted him to lay boards so the bobcat he uses to install their new pool won't tear up the grass.

I think it's all in a day.

gwendomama said...

*shnort*

happy for ruby (another bullet dodged, mom.

probably a prudent choice for taking the ice cream. no doubt had the kindergarten graduation been another day...well...then it would have ended differently?

~ej said...

good that she's okay...hope the kindy event went nicely.
hope the bid went good too :)

Kathryn said...

When I am faced with that dilemma I have some ice cream with Kahlua poured right over it. It's the obvious solution.

Bacchus said...

See and everyone thinks we just sit at home watching tv all day. LOL I spent the entire day entertaining Little Man, cleaning house, doing laundry and looking for the only key to our car! Agghh

I opted for ice cream with a little chambord on top! Best of both worlds.