Disclaimer

If I know you, and you're reading this blog, you have two choices:

1) Feel free to pretend you haven't, should the contents be offensive, sensitive in nature, or just TMI (Too Much Information).
OR
2) Comment freely or talk to me face to face, and be prepared for further honesty and opinions.

Okay? Okay.

Mar 7, 2007

Clothes, or lack thereof

I've grown rather accustomed to my attire as a stay at home mom.

In the winter, I wear jeans and a t-shirt and in the summer, shorts and a tee shirt. I've branched out a bit and have a few long sleeve T's for winter time use, but for the most part they are all short sleeve. In the last year or so I have even gone from all crew necks- some men's shirts even- to a few v'necks. A few years ago I tried to limit the number of t-shirts I wear with words on them... I wear the same brand of jeans -Lands End- just varying shades of blue and the occasional black pair. I am sure they qualify as mom jeans- but they accommodate my wide ass and are comfortable- so there ya go. Don't fix it if it ain't broke... My shorts are a sorry state- my favorite pair are hand me downs that are a size too large, patched, and fraying. I wore them last summer, but am afraid they need to be retired from public eyes now. The other few are fine. Needless to say, I don't have a lot of clothes.

Oh, I do have a closet full of clothes that I wore when I had a paying job. They are terribly outdated and either too big, or small. I hold on to them in case... um... in case of what, I don't know. I recently gave away a few blouses from the 80's- I think they were originally purchased at The Limited. I don't think that store is even around anymore.- And am slowly working on the rest.

I wear tennis shoes, Crocs, Teva's and Birks, mostly.

A fashion maven, I am not. A candidate for What Not To Wear- Definitely!

Sooooo, when it comes time for dressing up, I am horribly out of date, out of touch, and out of clothes! For the past few years we have attended our school fund raiser dinner and auction, and every year I scramble.

40th birthday in the Bay Area? Nada.
Funeral? Nothing.
Wedding? Zilch.

The auction is less than two weeks away- I ordered a random outfit out of an unknown catalog and am keeping my fingers crossed that
1) it comes on time and
2) it fits

Which leaves- shoes...

I found a couple of pairs at Endless Shoes. (Thanks to Mir). I've saved them so I can consult with Kär.

Maybe I'll have an oufit...until next year.

1 comment:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Ok, I totally hear you. But I just did a MAJOR closet sweep and got rid of half of my clothes. Like you, I had clothes from when I worked... 7 years ago!!! I will never wear navy dockers again, so why keep them? It is LIBERATING to look into my closet and see only stuff that fits and is actually practical (well, not totally. I did hang onto a few items that were sentimental and such...) The problem? Now I can truly see how limited my choices are. And I have ZILCH in dinero to spend on myself... I hate "What not to Wear" because they aren't practical! Who has $5000 to spend on themselves??? Or even $500? Not I...